Spring Thing 2019
A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
The 2019 Spring Thing Festival of Interactive Fiction features twenty new interactive stories submitted by authors working across the spectrum of text games. Participants chose to place their games in either the Main Festival, where they were up for ribbons and prizes, or the Back Garden, with looser entry requirements allowing for more experimental or work-in-progress entries.
- Among the Seasons, by Kieran Green - Twine
- Bullhockey 2: The Return of the Leather Whip, by B F Lindsay - Inform/Glulx
- Darkness, by Jeff Schomay - Elm Narrative Engine
- Dashiell Hamlett: The Blue Dane Meets the Black Bird, by Tony Pisculli - Ink
- The Devil and the Mayor, by Jonathan Laury - Twine
- Do I Date?, by Aurora Kakizaki - Ren'Py
- The Empty Chamber - A Celia Swift Mystery, by Tom Sykes - Inform/Glulx
- Escape!, by Marnix van den Bos - XVAN
- Founder's Mercy, by Thomas Insel - Inform/Glulx
- I Will Be Your Eyes And Hands, by Cam Miller - Twine
- The Missing Ring, by Felicity Drake - Twine
- Our Darkest Thoughts, by Jesse Villa - Twine
- Porter Cave Adventure, by Cam Miller - Inform/Z
- Quiet, by Martyna "Lisza" Wasiluk - Twine
- San Francisco, 2118, by Leah Case - Twine
- WE R THE WORLD, by Dan Hoy & Mike Kleine - Twine
- Writing Program Five, by Dan Cox - Twine
- 69105 More Keys, by Andrew Schultz - Inform/Z
- The Ballroom, by Liza Daly - Windrift
- a short walk in the spring, by Amorphous - Twine
The authors of individual games retain all rights over their work. You do not have the right to redistribute, sell, or modify these games without permission from the work's original author.
The Spring Thing entries come in a variety of formats. See the Platform Instructions section of the official site for details on how to play a game in a particular format.
Many of the entries can also be played online from the festival's website.
The only game not included in the download is The Ballroom, which can only be played online.